Open a Nonprofit Charitable Fund
Center for Nonprofit Sustainability
Your organization strengthens our region, and we are committed to helping you thrive. The Center for Nonprofit Sustainability offers expert guidance and a wide array of solutions designed to ensure your organization’s financial sustainability.
As your trusted partner, we manage endowments and agency funds. We also offer complimentary meeting space, grantmaking programs, and seminars and networking opportunities to nonprofits in our region. Learn how the Center for Nonprofit Sustainability can help you help others.
Opening A Fund is Easy
- Contact our local team of experts to discuss your organization’s needs and identify the best fund option for you.
- Establish a fund for your organization, and make an opening contribution. Funds may be endowed, quasi-endowed or non-endowed.
- Choose from a range of investment pool options that provide your fund the potential to grow over time.
- Conveniently manage your organization’s fund through our online fund management system. Access your monthly statements, request distributions from your fund, view fund balances and review your transaction history.
The Benefits of Partnership
When you open a fund with FFTC, you gain access to a range of philanthropic solutions, as well as our endowment management expertise and cost-effective, diversified investment options. You’ll also benefit from our ability to facilitate planned gifts, as well as gifts of business interests and real property.
Helping You Thrive
FFTC Agency Funds are cost-effective, long-term vehicles that give nonprofits a way to sustain their good work while leveraging FFTC’s endowment management, investment and financial services.
FFTC Scholarship Funds support students from preschool to postgraduate by providing grants for educational purposes, and give organizations the ability to focus on a specific academic discipline, institution or eligibility criteria.
FFTC Custom Philanthropy Services support the management, governance and strategic needs of large funds, private foundations and subsidiary foundations.
FFTC Supporting Organizations are governed by their own boards and strengthened by FFTC endowment management services. They have access to a broad custom investment platform with the same tax benefits of a public charity.
FFTC Charitable Trusts are carefully planned, efficient ways for income and assets to be distributed over time to donors, their beneficiaries and designated charitable organizations.
- Distinct accounting for multiple funds
- Spendable income calculations
- Monthly fund statements and online access to fund information
- Advanced reporting capabilities
- Relationship support
- Cost-effective, diversified investment solutions
- Access to top quality investment managers and sophisticated investment options
- Portfolio oversight from FFTC Investment Committee and investment consultant
- Access to desirable asset strategies and share classes through FFTC’s portfolio
- Investment pools provide diversification and reduce investment cost
- We can facilitate planned gifts, allowing donors to give to your organization through their will, trust or other estate planning tools.
- We offer the infrastructure to accept gifts of real property - such as real estate, land or mineral/timber rights - with your organization receiving the proceeds of the sale.
- We also accept gifts of business interests such as LLCs, limited partnerships or closely held corporations.
- Learn more about all the assets we accept.
Wing Haven Blossoms with Cultural Trust
An important piece of our region’s cultural landscape – the Wing Haven Gardens and Bird Sanctuary – recently placed its endowment with the Greater Charlotte Cultural Trust, an FFTC Subsidiary Foundation dedicated to sustaining our vibrant cultural community.
Deviré Robinson, J.D.
Vice President, Philanthropic Advancement and Centers for Giving